- "“I stumbled upon another soul in this doomed corner of the earth. I do not know her name, but there is something about her. I have never crossed paths with her, but she seems as if she’s been doing this for far too long. Weary of the environment, clad in a kind of controlled panic, constantly looking over her shoulder, on the lookout.”"
Laurie Strode is a character from a horror video game called Dead by Daylight and also from a horror series called "Halloween"
She is apart of the Halloween chapter.
You never know what really matters in life until you’ve realized it might end soon. Laurie is one of those who just wants a quiet life in the suburbs, hanging out with friends, family and maybe go on a date or two. Laurie is a typical teenager. You could pass her on the street and not think twice. She does her homework and is liked by her friends, teachers and family. A simple night of babysitting turns into something that will forever change the course of her young life. A knife swooshing through the air. Screams from afar. Noises that plays tricks with her mind. But not Laurie, she’s made of something stronger. Something that won’t give up.
As more of your friends fall to the Killer, your chances of survival increases due to an unexplained force. Each survivor killed or sacrificed disrupts the Killer’s aura reading ability. However, as each of the other survivor get killed or sacrifice, your chances to be the Killer’s Obsession will increase until you remain the sole survivor.
Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor in a last attempt to escape. You can only use this perk once per match. When grabbed by the Killer, you succeed a skill-check to automatically escape the Killer’s grasp and stun the Killer.
Object of Obsession
A supernatural bond links you to the killer. If you are the Killer’s obsession and looking in the Killer’s direction, your link will reveal your auras to each other. This effect applies only if you are outside the killer’s terror radius and within a maximum range. While it helps you to locate the killer’s position, it also increases your chances to be found by the Killer and become his Obsession.
"It was the boogeyman" - Laurie
There's nothing to be scared of" - Laurie
"He was watching me!" - Laurie
There is currently 1 Achievement which is related to Laurie.
|???||Adept Laurie||Escape with Laurie using only her 3 unique perks.|
- Laurie was the first survivor to be introduced as paid DLC.
- Laurie is the fourth female survivor in the game, following Meg, Claudette, and Nea.
- Laurie Strode was also featured in the Halloween horror franchise movie series.
- She is Michael's younger sister, originally named Cynthia Myers.
- She was put into protective foster care after her parents died in an accident.
- She was adopted by Morgan and Pamela Strode, who also changed her first name to Laurie.
- Although originally portrayed by Jamie Lee Curtis in the Halloween films (with the exception of Rob Zombie's 2007 and 2009 films), she is voiced by Catherine Lecours in Dead by Daylight. Lecours serves as a voice double based on Curtis' portrayal of Laurie in the 1978 film.
- In addition, Laurie's appearance in the game differs greatly from that of the films. Her outfit is reminiscent of what she wore during the final act of the 1978 film, but her hairstyle and facial features are different.
- Her facial features are most likely based off of her appearance in the tie-in comics of the Halloween franchise, which also give her a slightly different appearance than how she appeared in the films.
- This is most likely because the developers were unable to obtain the rights to the likeness of Laurie's actress, Jamie Lee Curtis.
- The map Lampkin Lane is based on the neighborhood where Laurie (as well as Michael in his childhood) lived in the Halloween movie franchise, also introduced in the free update.
- Laurie Strode was the first licensed character alongside The Shape (Michael Myers).
- Other licensed characters are Left 4 Dead's William "Bill" Overbeck, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's The Cannibal (Leatherface), A Nightmare on Elm Street's The Nightmare (Freddy Krueger) and Quentin Smith, and Saw's The Pig (Amanda Young), and David Tapp.
- She looks nothing like the actual Laurie Strode due to the devs not be able to get the rights to the likeness of Jamie Lee Curtis. Laurie seems to look more like the comic version of her.