An ancient Eldritch Abomination of unknown origins, the Entity is a seemingly unstoppable being of pure energy with no weaknesses. Matched only by The Entity's unquenchable malevolence, the Entity is cruel, sadistic, and ruthless. It enjoys abducting people and watching them fight to survive.
Not much is know about The Entity. All that is know is that it feeds off of suffering. It is the reason that the Survivors and The Killers. It is also the reason why the Survivors can never leave no matter if they can escape the killer or if they die. They always end up at the same campfire. In Kate Denson's backstory, she was taken when she unknowingly came across a crash site, suggesting that The Entity is from outside of reality and came to this reality to satisfy its hunger and hunt victims. According to her lore, the site could have been thousands of years old. The Entity seems to be selective about its champions (aka killers) as it burned The Clown's horse Maurice but left The Clown unharmed as they traversed to its realm.
The Entity also seems to preserve its champions and victims in a sort of time bubble as Benedict Baker believes The Trapper, The Wraith and The Hillbilly are from as late as 1896 as well as its ability to resurrect dead survivors and send them back to the campfire. The Entity seems to have a form of personality as reacts angrily to failure from the killers and it can't seem to perfect its imitation of reality. As inanimate objects and machinery are in the wrong places and the killer bios suggest that that the arenas are familiar to them but they give a feeling of difference.
The Entity also seems to influence the killers through a form of mind control, as described by The Clown and The Cannibals lore. It provides them with an instinct to hunt for The Entity as well as a knowledge of the grounds. It lures them to the realm through a terrifying yet comforting feeling as they traverse through its mist. It also empowers its champions as shown with The Wraith and The Nurse.
The prey for the entity has different experiences with it, as they dragged into The Entity's realm by pulling them into the sky. Considering how Kate came across a crash site, The Entity may have separate sites and sigils across the earth, mainly in the woods but the likes of Ace Visconti, David King and Feng Min were more likely to be abducted in urban areas rather than rural ones. The Entity might have been in the realm for more than a thousand years, its likely that the sites or sigils were unknowingly buried beneath civilization.
From what few descriptions we have of The Entity, it appears as a dark cloud in the sky and has spider-like appendages to drag off its victims. According to Kate Denson, these appendages are as hard as iron as a rock harmlessly bounced off of them.
Powers and Abilities
- Chronokinesis: The Entity can preserve its champions in time as The Trapper, The Wraith and The Hillbilly are believed to be from time periods as late as 1896. It can also bring victims back to the campfire as if nothing happened to them. The realm seems to be in a temporal lock. In Adam Francis' backstory, The Entity seems to hold victims in time. This seems to be an insurance trap in case a victim manages to escape the realm. Meaning the victim may have to choose between death and eternal torture.
- Dimensional Travel: The crash site in Kate Denson's backstory implies that The Entity is not native to earth and may have come from another dimension entirely.
- Immortality: The Entity appears to have been around for an extremely long time, implying that it is immortal. However, the idea that The Entity requires feeding by sacrificing survivors, suggests that The Entity can starve to death but is a feat that requires tremendous skill and time.
- Invulnerability: The Entity doesn't have any known weaknesses as it was unharmed by Kate Denson's attempts to escape.
- Mind Control: The Entity can influence the killers by instilling them with an instinct to hunt for survivors and with a dread towards failing it. The Entity also exploits the psychopathy and bloodlust of the killers. For victims of The Entity, it can erase their memories such as how they ended up in the realm in the first place.
- Necromancy: The Entity can bring survivors back from the dead after it eats their souls.
- Power Bestowal: The Entity can grant powers to certain killers such as The Wraith and The Nurse. It also enhances the killer's senses as they can track a survivor from far distances.
- Psionics: The Entity feeds itself on the souls of its victims. It can destroy the survivor's physical body and drag the soul to its maw. As shown with Adam Francis' backstory, The Entity can abduct victims right before death or just after.
- Reality Warping: The Entity can create its own realm and bends its rules however it likes. As it can change the arena from a farm to a hospital.
- Telepathy: The Entity constructs its areas around the memories of its champions however the constructions are imperfect as the killers receive a sense of recognition or familiarity but it still feels different to them.
- Teleportation: The Entity can teleport itself between earth and The Entity's realm. It can also teleport prey and champions to its realm.
While The Entity never shows any clear signs of a weakness that can be exploited. There hints that the creature has some limitations. These are shown in game but aren't explored or put into use yet.
- The Entity can't make a physical appearance in the realm. We do see its appendages but it has to rely on its champions to hunt for survivors. Survivors can resist it but not for too long when they are hooked.
- The Entity has a temper towards its champions if they fail to sacrifice all the survivors. Suggesting that creature can be affected by starvation.
- The Entity has many similarities to IT from Stephen King's novel of the same name. As both are from outside of reality, have powers over their prey and hunters and have a spider-like form.