“At first I actually believed that it was a pig that slept in front of me on the ground. An animal that somehow had eluded the banalities of my old life and managed to end up at this forsaken and forgotten the place. But then it rose, from crouch to standing, with its lifeless eyes nailed to my person. I ran, as I have so brutally learned to do. My curiosity halted my escape after a few feet and I hid in a cabinet. The Pig moved like a predator – and I saw: a human body wearing a pig’s head as an ornament. It walked by the cabinet and its snout was just a few inches away from me. I held my breath, aching for freedom. A sudden sound caught the pig’s attention and it walked away. But not without giving me a last, final glance, as if it wanted to inform me that I was given a second chance. I will not get a third.”
She originates from the 2004 Horror Movie franchise of the same name, SAW
When John Kramer, better known as Jigsaw, planned for his son to be born during the Chinese Zodiac’s Year of the Pig, he wanted it to represent fertility and rebirth; a new beginning for him and his wife, and the start of a charmed life for his son. But that plan was shattered on the night that a junkie broke into his wife’s clinic, hoping to score.
After this event resulted in the death of his unborn son, John finally caught up with the junkie, making him his first test subject, and the Pig was changed forever too. It became a representation of the disease that was rotting John from the inside, a reminder that we are just meat unless we elevate ourselves by our actions, by grasping life from the jaws of death. The Pig became a vessel, an agent of Jigsaw, conveying the subjects to their test. For some of those who emerged victorious, the Pig could still be a rebirth, into their new lives as apprentices, even disciples, of Jigsaw.
That was the case for Amanda Young, a troubled soul, whose life had been a catalogue of harm, both to herself and those around her. That changed when she faced, and bested, Jigsaw’s test. Deciding her life was worth something, she became devoted to Jigsaw’s cause, ready to take over when cancer consumed him.
But she became more dependant on John, her anguish at his impending death combining with a belief that their test subjects weren't capable of saving themselves, of being reborn in the crucible of the games.
Seeing this, John presented her with another game, another chance to save herself, but Amanda let her rage and jealousy rule her actions. She failed the test and took a bullet as a consequence.
Bleeding out on the tiled floor, darkness engulfed Amanda’s vision, accompanied by a sound like creaking wood. Then she was in a forest, once more viewing the world through the eyes of a Pig. Trees surrounded her, their branches clawing at her from all sides. Waves of panic washed over her and she could hear her breath reverberating inside the mask.
Had she been damned, cursed to spend her days here, in this guise? Or maybe this was another test? Maybe she hadn't failed at all? John always thought one step ahead of everyone else, planned for every eventuality, and he would never give up on her, surely?
Jigsaw may have gone but he had passed her onto another. A being for whom she would be The Pig again.
Ultimately, she saw now that she had been right in the choices she had made. The time for games was over. There was no chance of redemption for any of them. They were meat, and meat was destined to die.
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Pig's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Hangman's Trick - Level 30
- Surveillance - Level 35
- Make Your Choice - Level 40
If obtained other Killers are able to find the Pig's Perks in their Bloodwebs from that point on.
The Pig's Perks revolve around turning the survivors against each other.
|Hangman's Trick||Your ingenious modifications to Hooks prevent tampering and permanent damage. Hooks destroyed by sabotage or sacrifices repair automatically after 30/20/10 seconds.
Gain a notification when someone starts sabotaging the Hooks.
"No excuses, no equivocations... No crying." — Amanda Young
Unique to The Pig until Level 30, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
|Surveillance||Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. The last 1 regressing Generator's/2 regressing Generators'/3 regressing Generators' Aura(s) are indicated in white to you for 16 seconds.
"Are you gonna behave?" — Amanda Young
Unique to The Pig until Level 35, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
|Make Your Choice||When a Survivor rescues another from a Hook at least 48/40/32 metres away from you, Make Your Choice triggers and applies the Exposed Status Effect on the rescuer for 60 seconds.
Make Your Choice has a cool-down of 60 seconds.
"You'd be surprised what tools can save a life." — Amanda Young
Unique to The Pig until Level 40, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
Hidden Blade Edit
A razor-sharp blade, attached to a mechanical contraption that can conceal or extend it.
Power: Jigsaw's BaptismEdit
Forever devoted to her master's cause, she punished the ungrateful and the guilty with slyness and murderous puzzles. The Pig can move stealthily, dash in ambush attacks and put deadly Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors' heads.
Use the Secondary Power interaction to assume a crouching position. While crouching:
- The Pig has no Terror Radius.
- Activate the attack interaction to dash and perform an ambush attack.
Start the trial with 4 Reverse Bear Traps:
- Reverse Bear Traps are put on Dying Survivors.
- Reverse Bear Traps automatically sacrifice the survivor when they trigger.
- Reverse Bear Traps trigger automatically beyond the Exit Gates.
- Reverse Bear Traps trigger once their timers expire.
- Reverse Bear Traps timer start when a generator is completed.
- Survivors can free themselves from Reverse Bear Traps by searching Jigsaw Boxes found around the map to find the correct key.
Jigsaw's Baptism Add-Ons Edit
|Combat Straps||Leather straps that hold fabric in place for nimbler movement.
|Workshop Grease||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the lubricated parts make the search a more delicate exercise.
|Shattered Syringe||Symbol of a broken way of life. Reminiscing about her past-self hardens her determination.
|John's Medical File||Yes||No||Common||
The medical file of a cancerous man. Fills the reader with dread and recklessness.
|Video Tape||A recording of Jigsaw, explaining the game's rules to Amanda. Reminiscing about her past-self hardens her determination.
A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: sharp blades attached to the Trap's interior lacerate the victim with every movement.
|Last Will||A latched wooden box with a satin lining, offered as part of a last will.
|Face Mask||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: the heavy cloth face mask, laced with a sedative, partially suffocates the target, making it hard to concentrate.
A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of razor sharp wires makes it extra difficult and potentially painful to search them.
|Slow-Release Toxin||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: a poison that is not fatal, but weakens the body and makes it nearly impossible to recover fully from any effort.
|Bag Of Gears||A few mechanical parts that allow the creation of challenging Jigsaw Boxes and easier to install Reverse Bear Traps.
A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: mouth spikes, covered with crusty and volatile rust spots that make injuries particularly difficult to heal.
|Interlocking Razor||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of interlocking razor blades makes it impossible to move suddenly in the Jigsaw Box without slitting one's wrists.
A disturbing, yet brilliant, Trap design sketched in detail on a sheet of paper.
|Tampered Timer||A timer that has been fiddled with. A spring in the mechanism forces the gears to turn faster.
|Jigsaw's Annotated Plan||
A disturbing, yet brilliant, Trap design laid down on paper and annotated by Jigsaw.
|Crate Of Gears||This collection of mechanical parts allows the creation of extra-challenging Jigsaw Boxes and Reverse Bear Traps that are easier to install.
|Amanda's Secret||No||No||Very Rare||
A black metal box containing a knife and various medical supplies, such as bandages and compresses. Deep cuts reduce stress and awaken the senses.
|Rules Set No.2||Not all games need to have the same rules.
"Listen, there are rules." — Jigsaw
|Amanda's Letter||A blackmailing Letter for the attention of Amanda. Fills the reader with rage and focus.
"Amanda, you were with Cecil the night Jill lost Gideon. You killed their child. You know it and I know it." — Amanda's Letter
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Pig.
|Adept Pig||Achieve a merciless victory with The Pig using only her 3 Unique Perks.|
|I Want To Play A Game||With The Pig, put 125 Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors.|
Players may customise their character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Pig reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
Some items of clothing can only be worn if the appropriate DLC is owned.
The Pig's attire includes:
- Prestige I - Bloody Pig Head (Head)
- Prestige II - Bloody Red Cloak (Body)
- Prestige III - Bloody Hidden Blade (Weapon)
The Pig is currently part of 1 DLC package:
Available DLC Edit
- The SAW™ Chapter
- The Pig is the shortest of all the Killers, barely taller than the average Survivor.
- The Pig is the first Killer to have a second interaction with downed Survivors other than the Memento Mori.
- The Pig is the second Killer to have a second attack mode (Standard and Ambush) along side The Doctor.
- The Pig is the fifth Killer to wear a mask. The other four Killers are The Trapper , The Shape , The Huntress , and The Cannibal .
- The Pig is the seventh licensed Character alongside David Tapp.
- The other licensed Characters are The Shape , Laurie Strode, Bill Overbeck, The Cannibal , The Nightmare and Quentin Smith.
- She is the forth licensed Killer to be introduced after Michael Myers (The Shape), Bubba Sawyer (The Cannibal) and Freddy Krueger (The Nightmare).
- When crouched, Crows are not alerted to your position.
- The crouching animation or "transition" takes 2 seconds.
- Her Dash lets her cover a distance of 16 metres in 2.5 seconds.
- The base time for the Reverse Bear Trap timer is 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- The Reverse Bear Trap's main purpose is not to kill Survivors, but stall them. Use them as distraction tools to force Survivors to lose time and make mistakes.
- Avoid using all of your Reverse bear traps at the beginning of the game. Leave at least two to deny two survivors to escape via the exit gates at the end of the game.
- They make for very good endgame tools, since hanging a trapped Survivor attracts others that have not been trapped and the rescued survivor won't be able to exit the trial.
- It's easy to keep track of trapped survivors, since the RBTs make different noises constanly while the Survivor walks or runs.
- Though crouching removes the pigs terror radius, perks like Object of obsession and Spine chill will able survivors to sense your presence even while in crouch.
- Once you see a survivor you can try to manipulate them by crouching, which turns your terror radius off, and waiting for them alongside a point of interest that is close by.
- survivors with sprint burst will be able to avoid your ambush attack. predict ahead of time where the survivor will run deny them the safety from your ambush.