Michael Myers or "The Shape" is the fifth killer in Dead by Daylight . He was featured as a part of The HALLOWEEN® Chapter. He originates from the hit 1978 horror movie franchise with the same name, Halloween.
"Something, or rather someone, is here now. I’ve never seen this...Shape before. A man hiding behind a mask. He comes with a determination. But more worrying, he comes with an apparent grasp of the hunt. He does not strike me as someone who even went unwillingly to this place. Is there more to this being than I can fathom?"
- Unknown (Potentially Benedict Baker)
Some humans are simply bad seeds. Seeds infused with a distilled and pure form of evil. Michael Myers is one of those seeds. He had no issues with causing the pain of others. Instead, it was exactly what he sought. But even life can be tough on those with minds filled with terror. The difference is just how one goes about to solve those problems. For Michael, he had to kill to find some inner peace. As he took his sister’s life, the police found a silent boy dressed as a clown at the scene. When one stumbles upon a growing fire, one does not pour gasoline on it. But this was an action taken by officials that had no idea how it would shape this demon in the boy’s body. Sending Michael to a mental institution was a feeble attempt to save the child. Unsuccessful therapy and nightly screams just made him even more introvert and deranged. People hoped that Michael Myers would end up a parenthesis, soon to be forgotten and buried, a failure that soon were to rot away. But then...he escaped.
These are perks which start off only appearing in the Shape's Bloodweb . After achieving level 30, teachable versions of these perks can be found:
- Save The Best For Last - level 30
- Play With Your Food - level 35
- Dying Light - level 40
If obtained other Killers are able to find the Shape's perks in their Bloodwebs from that point on.
The Killer’s perks are focused around "Obsessions", just like Michael Myers is obsessed with killing, the Killer picks a Survivor, and tags them as his "Obsession". The Killer only receives one Obsession per match.
|Save the Best for Last||You become obsessed with one Survivor. As long as your Obsession is alive, after being in a chase for 20 seconds the cooldown for your next successful attack is decreased by 30/35/40 %. Your successful attack cooldown remains active for 5 seconds seconds after a chase. Re-initialising a chase before the 5 seconds have lapsed will reset the successful attack cooldown timer. Only one Obsession per match.
"Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." — Dr. Sam Loomis Unique to Shape until level 30, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
|Dying Light||You become obsessed with one Survivor. Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 38/44/50 %. Once the Obsession is killed or sacrificed, every other Survivor gets a penalty of 19/22/25 % to repair, healing and sabotage speed. Only one Obsession per match.
"This isn't a man..." — Dr. Sam Loomis Unique to Shape until level 40, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
|Play With your Food||You become obsessed with one Survivor. Every time you chase your Obsession and let them escape, you receive a Token up to a maximum of 3 Tokens. Each Token increases your movement speed by 3/4/5 %. Each offensive action spends one Token. Only one Obsession per match.
"You've fooled them, haven't you Michael? But not me." — Dr. Sam Loomis
Unique to Shape until level 35, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
The Kitchen Knife is the Shape's primary weapon. An oversized blade with devastatingly sharp edges.
- If he gets a successful hit on a Survivor, he'll stare at his knife for little while.
- While in Evil Within III, he'll hold his knife upside down.
Michael Myers: Evil Within
|met him, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil.||~ Dr. Sam Loomis|
His special ability is called "Evil Within", a 3-tier gauge which affects the Shape's ability to hunt differently for each respective phase. The Shape can stalk survivors, which fills up his current Evil Within phase. The Shape gains pure benefit from going up Evil Within stages, with the exception of his terror radius, which increases for each stage. Any survivors currently being stalked will be highlighted brightly, and more than one survivor can be stalked at once. Survivors that are hiding in foliage (corn, grass, shrubs, etc.) or are breaking line of sight will either delay or stop The Shape from gaining any points from stalking them.
Upon reaching Tier II, The Shape can never fall back to Tier I. Survivors that are high, running low, or are out of Evil Within charges are marked with white, pink, and red auras respectively.
Evil Within Add-ons
|Tacky Earrings||A very cheap piece of jewelry made from plastic. Painted to resemble precious material.
|Boyfriend's Memo||A "romantic", if slightly sleazy, note left around to draw the attention of a female lover.
"The note is signed: D."
|Blond Hair||A single slightly wavy blond hair.
|Reflective Fragment||A tiny piece of a highly reflective material most probably from a broken mirror.
|Memorial Flower||A partially faded and dried pink larkspur picked up from a gravestone.
|Jewelry||A large necklace made of beads an inexpensive metals. One of Judith's favourites.
|Hair Brush||A nylon bristle brush used to add body and softness to hair.
|Glass Fragment||A tiny piece of tinted glass, probably from a broken object. It is impossible to determine its origin.
|Dead Rabbit||A grey rabbit which has been opened from neck to tail.
|Mirror Shard||A large and sharp piece of a broken mirror.
|Judith's Journal||A journal identified as owned by Judith M. Myers. Most of the pages are defaced with frightening and disturbing drawings.
|Jewelry Box||A barren wooden box in which vanity items were once stored.
|J. Myers Memorial||A glossy page ripped from the 1965 Haddonfield High School yearbook, one dedicated to the memory of Judith Myers.
|Hair Bow||A blue tartan ribbon used to tie hair.
|Vanity Mirror||A standing portable vanity mirror in perfect condition except for a fine layer of dust and face powder covering it.
|Tombstone Piece||A fist-sized granite piece taken from a broken tombstone.
Note: Tombstone Piece does not stack with Fragrant Tuft of Hair.
|Scratched Mirror||A standing portable vanity mirror which has been violently scratched with a sharp metallic object.
|Lock of Hair||A cut lock of blond hair bunched with a black elastic.
|Judith's Tombstone||A large and heavy granite tombstone stolen from Mt. Sinclair cemetery, belonging to Judith Myers.
"Here lies our beloved daughter."
|Fragrant Tuft of Hair||A tuft of blond hair which was forcefully torn off someone's scalp. Releases hints of feminine floral fragrance.
The Shape uses a large kitchen blade as his weapon to attack prey. It's a huge knife with "devastatingly sharp edges." It is The Shape's weapon of choice.
There are currently 3 achievements related to the Shape.
|Icon||Name||Description||Adept Shape||Achieve a merciless victory with The Shape using only his 3 unique perks.|
|The man behind the bush||With The Shape stalk for a total of 300 power tier increase|
|Evil Incarnate||Kill all 4 survivors with the TIER III Evil Within|
Players can customize their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after the Shape reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Shape's attire includes:
- Prestige I - Gore Blade (Weapon)
- Prestige II - Red On White Mask (Head)
- Prestige III - Disgusting Overalls (Body)
- The Shape is the first killer modeled after a famous horror film icon.
- The Shape's middle name is Audrey.
- His full name is thus Michael Audrey Myers
- The Shape is the first Killer to be introduced as paid DLC.
- The Shape is the first killer in a paid DLC that can be accessed without paying - using the Black Splinter Offering.
- Michael Myers was the murderer featured in the Halloween horror franchise. In the first film, he kills his older sister and is sent to a mental hospital for almost two decades before escaping, only to return to his hometown on Halloween night and begin hunting the friends and family of Laurie Strode.
- Michael's in-game name is a reference to the original 1978 Movie. During the credits, the role of "Michael Myers" is instead credited as "The Shape."
- The Shape's Stain is invisible at Evil Within I.
- The Shape is the only Killer with the ability to vault through windows faster than any other Killer, to the point of being only slightly slower than a fast vault of a Survivor.
- The music that plays when The Shape reaches Evil Within III is from the movie Halloween.
- When Survivors are being stalked by The Shape when he is close to the next Evil Within Tier, Survivors will hear a remade version of The Hedge, which incidentally plays in the film whilst the protagonist Laurie Strode is being stalked.
- Whenever The Shape changes tiers of Evil Within, a small tune following the Halloween main theme plays through the whole map. It is also the only audio indication of a Killer's power that does not get altered relative to distance, (i.e. The Nurse's muffled screeches upon blinking far away.)
- The Terror Radius music that Survivors hear when near The Shape is a remake of the original Halloween track, The Hanger. The in-game track is unreleased and unobtainable from the game files.
- The Shape has a much smaller Terror Radius than the other Killers, depending on his ability's Tier.
- The Shape has a small animated trail behind his knife when he swings.
- In Evil Within I and II, The Shape holds his knife to his side, whereas in Evil Within III, he holds his knife up to his shoulder with the blade pointing outwards.
- In Evil Within III, The Shape's knife is in the way of the Stain, and occasionally reflects its red light.
- The Shape's breathing is slightly different to how it is heard in the original film.
- The Shape's Memento Mori is possibly a reference to how he kills people in the original film, as he often grabs people by the neck and either stabs them or simply suffocates them.
- The Shape, in terms of appearance, is the cleanest Killer apart from a blood stain on his left shoulder and on his knife.
- The Shape is one of three Killers that can instantly put Survivors into the Dying State without any Perks or Add-ons . The other two Killers being The Hillbilly and The Cannibal.
- The Shape is the one of the few Killers whose customizable head is not named after the Killer's first name (the other being the Nurse.)
- The Shape is the second Killer to wear face masks.
- The other two Killers are the Trapper and the Huntress.
- The Shape is one of 6 Killers without glowing eyes, the others being The Trapper, The Nurse, The Hag, The Huntress and The Cannibal.
- His left eye can be seen through his mask in the menu.
- Under certain lighting conditions, both of his eyes are visible through the mask.
- The Shape is the only Killer right now that have Add-ons that grant him the ability to kill Survivors.
- The Shape's middle name is Audrey.
- If you are stalking Survivors and you are nearing the limit for your current Evil Within Tier, all Survivors being stalked will hear an eerie audio cue a few seconds before the Tier ascends.
- It is practically impossible for every Survivor to hide from you well enough to the point where you cannot stalk them enough to get Evil Within II. However, they will do their best to slow it down and make it as difficult as possible.
- Note that on Coldwind Farm, the corn will shield Survivors from stalking, even if they are visible normally. An exception is if you stalk from a high ground, and a Survivor is not crouched - they will be always visible in any nearby cornfield.
- Note that you can "stock" on Evil Within. Essentially, you can leave Evil Within II on 99% and you will have a full Evil Within III to use it the instance you see a Survivor.
- When in Evil Within I, your Terror Radius may be minuscule but your breathing can be heard well before it. Many experienced Players will be extremely paranoid upon starting a match, in the case the Killer is The Shape. A way to mitigate this is to stalk Survivors behind cover, or on high places. Such examples are behind trees, on top of hills, on top of buildings, etc. Though it won't guarantee to stop them from noticing you, it is far better compared to walking up to a fairly close distance and watching them out in the open.
- The Shape is ironically one of the easiest Killers to spot, as his near fluorescent white mask is very distinguishable.
- Survivors often try to hide behind Pallets, but you can still stalk them.
- When stalking, your vision is severely tunnelled and your movement speed quite a bit slower.
- The Wraith's unique Teachable Perk Shadowborn will increase your field of view, making stalking slightly easier.
- The Doctor's unique Teachable Perk Monitor & Abuse will increase your field of view when you are not in a chase, making stalking slightly easier. It will also reduce the Terror Radius in that situation, making sneaking up very easy.